Monday, October 6, 2014

Reflection

Having a blog has mostly taught me that I am not good at having a blog. I never had time to submit anything interesting like I see in other blogs that I stumble upon from time to time. I used mine as a dumping ground for whatever was in my head at the time. I don't think it increased my fluency because I have been journaling my entire life and have never had a problem with making words flow out of me when I need them to. I didn't really like the blog because it turned into a journal online and there aren't too many things I want to share with the internet. I actually really hate the internet and have been making a point in my life to have less to do with it. Having a blog, even though it was required, felt incredibly counterproductive in that goal. I actually plan to delete this and never look back once the class is over. I have no use for this, and don't want it hanging around google attached to my name.
I frequently forgot to blog, which is obvious because this reflection was due last night and I completely forgot about it until this morning. I don't even know if I will be able to turn it in but I'm trying anyway just in case. I don't want to complain about the structure or content of the class anymore, because this blog was largely complaints. I guess that is another thing blogging brought out in me. An ability to dump out all the frustration and annoyances of the day. I don't have time to maintain much of a social life and the blog became a sounding board of my irritation. A way to release all the things that were bothering me out into oblivion. It was also just a bunch of brain garbage. Like right now. I have literally just been sitting here typing out everything that flows through  my head. I haven't stopped once other than to jump up and chase my son a couple of times. How's that for fluency? I can't really give the blog credit for that because I've been doing it since the start. How long is this thing supposed to be? I don't remember. I don't really want to stop and look either because this thing is late anyway. Surely this is long enough. Smell you later blogging.

1 comment:

  1. The very reason you disliked this assignment is the reason we do it. Interesting is not the goal, fluency and practice it. Good reflection. Keep writing. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete