Saturday, September 27, 2014

Online Shopping

I'm not really what you would consider a "crunchy" parent- but I do still breastfeed my 16 month old and I cloth diaper. I chose to cloth diaper because it reduces the amount of dirty diapers festering away in landfills for the next million years and it is very budget friendly... if you can keep away from online boutiques constantly coming out with new adorable prints. I managed to do this. I built my giant stash of diapers out of basic, "china cheapies" meaning single color simple pocket diapers that cost around 5 bucks a piece, shipped for free from china. Then it happened. I bought the Holstein cow print Kawaii Goodnight Heavy Wetters diaper I have been pining over since laying eyes on it months ago. The trap was set, and I fell in,
You don't need to buy all those prints, Kayla. He wears pants over them, Kayla. He is just going to POOP in them, Kayla.
Don't care. Must have all the cute. I am a woman obsessed. Poring over eBay auctions and shouting OH NO YOU DIDN'T when I am outbid on the cute minky green diaper with white reindeer. Christmas is coming! Oh look! A camo one! I love the way this one fits. Let me buy all the other prints too! Now I find myself thinking of getting rid of my cheapies to clear the way for the new, fun diapers. My poor cheapies. They got me through thick and thin when I was broke starting out. My barely present coparent that helps with next to nothing anyway didn't support my choice to use cloth, but would also constantly neglect to help me out getting disposable ones. Look at me, ready to toss them out for new flashy diapers. I tell myself that once these come in I am done. I have plenty and potty training could be right around the corner anyway. We'll see how that works out for me.

1 comment:

  1. I dont have kids, but am familiar with cloth diapers. but how do you clean them? do you put them in the washer or are you using some nasty spoon to get the poopies out?!

    ReplyDelete